Week #5: Try SEO

Try SEO

I’ll be honest, it's completely intimidating when first looking. Although it’s been a few weeks since being introduced to the site, I am able to maneuver around better than before, but there is still much to learn. I began my journey by creating an ad campaign for the National Tiger Sanctuary. This ad is supposed to show up on Google searches. I did not choose a specific animal to advertise, rather I chose for my ad to direct people straight to the NTS website. Below is a screenshot of my ad, along with a small preview of what the website looks like.


In order for the ad to receive the most clicks, keywords need to be added. Keywords are phrases that trigger an ad to show up when a person searches the word. I originally had around 15-20 keywords, which Google automatically scores. Initially, I had a couple impressions on my ad but zero clicks on all my keywords. When I noticed this I knew I had to change my keywords and delete the ones that did not get any impressions. It takes a lot of tries to find keywords that work well to get the most clicks. I had to play around with many phrases until one of my keywords finally got clicks!


Of course! So many people enjoy cats. I immediately changed some of my keywords to kind of go along with cats.  To my surprise, only the “cat” keyword continued getting clicks. As I move on with my campaign it is important for me to continue to play with many keyword phrases until my ad begins getting many clicks. It is important to constantly be aware of the statistics.

Until next time, 

Sabiha 




I hope your day is filled with many clicks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #13: Pictures with SEO

Week #11: Images and SEO

Week #16: LinkedIn